Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spreading the Gospel

So I told you that I would post again when I placed a Book of Mormon, so here it is. I just have to tell you it was the scariest thing I have done. I was all nervous inside, but I knew I was supposed to give it to the person that I did. So on Monday morning, I woke up early so I could ride the bus to school. I heard a lot of stories about people placing copies of the Book of Mormon on public transportation, so I decided that I should wake up early to ride the bus. I rode the bus to Weber State and back, but had no luck even talking to anybody, I was so discouraged. I knew that I was supposed to place the Book of Mormon to someone that day, I just didn't know who, or where, or when. I went to work later, and all through work I was debating on who I should give the Book of Mormon. I got off work early, so I went to Maceys to talk to Katrina, because she just got off work, and we decided we should go to the neighborhood Walmart. I had a feeling that I should bring the Book of Mormon in with me. I have talked to this girl that works there, and I wasn't sure if she was LDS, so I decided if she was there, I would try to give the Book of Mormon to her. Well I kept walking past her check stand, and I just couldn't muster enough courage to go through her line. I was very nervous, and scared. I had really never talked to someone about religion before. I finally mustered up enough courage, and picked up a few groceries, and put them on top of the Book of Mormon. She rung up the groceries, and then when she saw the Book of Mormon, I asked her if she had seen it before. She said yes, and that she was raised LDS, but she fell away from the church, due to drugs and alcohol. When she decided to go back the people in her ward asked her how rehab was and they judged her. She decided not to go back because of how cruel her ward members were. She told me she didn't currently have a Book of Mormon, and that she would gladly take the one given to her. She said that she would pray about it, and read it again. She also told me that she was thinking about coming back to church, and that was the boost she needed. I felt so good after giving her the Book of Mormon, and I think I might go back in sometime, and invite her to my singles ward. I know that this gospel is true. I also know for a fact that the holy ghost really does prompt us to do things. If we heed to those promptings we will be blessed.

7 comments:

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

:D You are going to make an awesome missionary! You have the courage to listen to the promptings of the spirit and that will serve you well! :)

Sher said...

Wow, Troy, that is an awesome story. You have amazing courage! I'm sure that you've blessed that girl's life in more way than you know.

Annie said...

Troy! I am so proud of you! You have so much courage and faith, you are such a great example! You are going to be a great missionary!

Spence said...

It's cool to see how much your testimony has grown. It's amazing what our experiences teach us. Way to utilize faith. And it's cool that you opened the door for that girl. I admire that.

Jennie said...

That is so awesome, and that is probably the scariest thing for me. You are going to be an awesome missionary!

Nick and Stacey said...

Dad told us about that story, he was so proud of you! You are one great guy! I am so proud to call you my brother! It is true amazing things can happen if you just listen to the spirit!

Cool Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones