Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Come Home

Come home the father calls, come home my child to me. Come home the holy ghost will lead you to eternity. Lest we forget our home's with god this lovely earth it's seas and skies, and all things beautiful and true of heavenly father testify.
I know what you are saying right now, you are saying wow Troy can really write. Well that is very true, but sadly these words weren't written by me, but they are the lyrics to a song that the Ogden lds institute choralaires are singing. This Friday and Saturday is our spring variety show. The times are 7:30p.m. both nights, and a special matinee Saturday at 2:30p.m. I really want everyone to come and see it, because I have an acting part in the show. The theme of the institute this year is come home, so it seems appropriate that we sing the song which is written above. This show is sort of about the prodigal son, and it is a very touching show. I hope you all have the opportunity to see it. It will strengthen your testimony, and answer your prayers. Here is a sneak peek on one of the scenes.

SCENE 3
Jake: Who's stupid idea was it to go to Mexico?
Troy: How was I supposed to know that Mitch's car was going to break down?
Mitch: Well at least we made it this far.
Jake: Fillmore
Mitch: at least its not Ogden
Jake: whatever
Troy: So what do we do while Mitch's car is getting fixed?
Mitch: Lets set up our camp
Jake: I have a better idea, lets trash the camp.
Mitch: What
Jake: You know like Tarzan.

I hope you all can make it, it will be a great show. I invite all of you to come home, in the Ogden LDS Institute spring variety show.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I am very excited to see it! It is going to be good I can tell! :) :)

Cool Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones