Saturday, March 7, 2009

pounding out the notes

Music has been a very important part of my life. I have found that playing, or singing the hymns is very therapeutic. Music is such a blessing in our lives. In a way life is a lot like learning a new song every day. When you first start out a song, you don't play it very well, but once you practice the parts that are hard and keep at them, you will find that you can play that song better. Their are a lot of rough spots in life. If you work hard on a certain area that you are struggling with you will soon get better with whatever it is. I have found that in my life, the more you work on a weakness, the stronger you become. It may hurt at the time you are going through it, but once you are done the joy is very great. Just like on the piano, the notes start out all wrong and it is frustrating to play that song, but once you work at it, the song turns into a masterpiece. I love the trials we have been given, because every trial is a blessing, and we learn so much from each and every one of them. I hope that we can all make it through our trials, and return to our heavenly father again. He means so much to me. I know that he cares for each and every one of us, and I love him very much.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I really really like your ananlogy! It's so true, isn't it? Oh and I like all of your new changes! :)

Spence said...

So true. Just about everything in life is something you have to practice and figure out.

Heidi said...

I love the changes to your blog! Especially the journal quote at the top of the page :)

Nick and Stacey said...

Great thoughts! You are really getting good at those Hymns, who knew you were such a piano player! Love You! Oh and also such a philsophist! ;) (I can't spell)

Cool Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones