Wednesday, January 21, 2009

School

I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy school right now, it is so awesome. My favorite general class has to be Math 1010. Which seems very odd, but I enjoy it. I love figuring out how it works, and solving problems. Math is so much FUN!!! I enjoy the homework, because you learn how to do it well with the homework. I also enjoy my Social Work class, because It seems like an area I want to go into. We have to do 20 hours of Social Work related community service for the class. I am way excited to choose a place to do my service. I have already learned so much in my classes. My English 1010 class, seems like a review of High school, and even Jr. High English. It seems way too easy, although we do have to read a very boring book for the first semester. It is called Wordy Shipmates, and it is about how our society to day is still puritan. It is very hard to understand the book. You would have to be a history major to understand even half of what is going on in it. I love all of these classes, but every silver lining has a cloud. That cloud is botany. My teacher is a brainless, evolution driven teacher. Everything he says is totally against my religion. He says that everything on this planet came from air. I hate how he teaches false doctrines in class, and I definitely hope he doesn't test us on those false principles. So enough about generals, lets get into my religion classes. I am currently taking three institute classes, all of which I love and enjoy. My first class is Book of Mormon (first half). I love that we are learning about Nephi right now. We just talked about the revelation which Nephi received and how he was commanded that he should only write half of it. My second religion class is Choralaires. This is my absolute favorite class. You get to sing good songs, and meet a lot of people. We have so many highly spiritual experiences, and I enjoy how I feel when we experience them. My last class is held in the evenings on Thursday. It is my Missionary Prep class. It is so much fun I love the fact that my mission is coming up quick, and I can prepare for it while taking these classes.

6 comments:

Spence said...

You know Troy, most evolutionists beleive in God. You could ask your teacher what is his stance is on that. They even teach it a BYU. Anyways, it is really cool that you are taking mission prep. That was my favorite class last semester. I absolutely loved it! Dude, there is no point to life without the gospel! And we get to go tell that to people. Cool stuff.

Nick and Stacey said...

I am so glad you are liking school more! That is great! It is alot easier to like if you actually go....ahhahaha!!! Oh and do your homework! Just kidding I am so glad you are liking it! Love You Troy!

Angela said...

I'm glad you are enjoying school and especially institute. Hey, my Dad was a social worker. Unfortunately teachers often test on the way they taught you the material. Just tell yourself that you are just repeating back to the teacher his viewpoint and not your own. Good for you for knowing what the truth is.

Katrina said...

I like the backwards quote, "every silver lining has a cloud!" :)

Troy said...

I got it from a person in my Choralaires Class.

Erin ;) said...

thats cool

Cool Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones